Ascento Capital is an investment bank specializing in the tech sector with extensive experience in HealthTech. This M&A sector report is on Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) which includes commentary on M&A activity and recent M&A transactions.
M&A activity was very active in 2021 given the pandemic restrictions on patients visiting medical facilities and the generous funding available to RPM companies to grow rapidly. After a quiet 2022, activity has increased in 2023 year-to-date with notable transactions outlined below including Abbott / Bigfoot Biomedical, MD Revolution / NavCare, HeartBeam / Livmor, and Ucardia / Phas3.
- Abbott is engaged in pharmaceuticals and manufacturing healthcare products.
- Bigfoot developed Bigfoot Unity, a smart insulin management system that features the first and only FDA-cleared connected insulin pen caps that turn data from a continuous glucose monitor.
- Doccla is a London-based virtual ward technology provider looking to expand its global presence.
- OpenTeleHealth is a universal cloud-based remote patient monitoring platform that enables patients to measure health data at home.
- MD Revolution is a leading provider of remote care management and clinical services.
- NavCare is a remote patient care services company specializing in comprehensive chronic care management (CCM).
- Florence is an innovator in healthcare enablement software.
- Zipnosis is a hospital and healthcare company that specializes in online diagnosis and triage, telehealth, and virtual care.
- Ucardia is a cardiac conditioning software developer, which will be launching its newest offering, Ucardia-at-Home.
- Phas3, a pioneer in the home-based cardiac rehab space, develops software that allows clinicians to monitor and engage with their cardiac patients.
- TSC Connected Care, an innovative digital health solutions company and owner of the Sensium remote patient monitoring platform.
- Connected Healthcare Group’s acquired assets include the CareXS Digital Health Platform.
- Transcarent is a health and care experience firm that makes it simple to obtain high-quality, low-cost healthcare.
- 98point6 is the leading AI-powered virtual care platform and care business of on-demand primary care company.
- HeartBeam provides a diagnostic product portfolio that monitors patients and can detect cardiac diseases in the ambulatory and emergency department setting.
- Livmore is a digital health solutions company that provides remote monitoring through their wearable products.
- ELNA is a Montreal based integrated network of medical clinics looking to increase accessibility to care.
- m-Health Solutions is a leading remote health diagnostics and monitoring solution for ambulatory patients.
- BioIntlliSense is a continuous health monitoring and clinical intelligence company.
- AlertWatch is an FDA-cleared, clinically proven patient monitoring solution.
- PrepMD RMS is a premier cardiac clinical solutions company, providing tailored remote cardiac monitoring.
- LindaCare is a digital health company specializing in remote monitoring.
- Advocate Aurora Health is a non-profit health care system with dual headquarters located in Wisconsin and Illinois.
- MobileHelp is a company with technology that relies on wireless voice, data, and GPS tracking to identify the location of a patient in crisis and expedite emergency assistance.
- Best Buy Health is focused on providing exceptional senior care and elder care technologies by using tech-enabled human interactions.
- Current Health, a leading care-at-home technology platform that brings together remote patient monitoring, telehealth, and patient engagement into a single solution for healthcare organizations.
- Carbon Health runs more than 90 brick-and-mortar primary care clinics across 14 states.
- Alertive Healthcare’s platform uses integrated devices to collect patients’ physiological data and delivers alerts regarding adherence or if the patient’s condition becomes critical.
- Connect America LLC is a provider of digital health and connected care for seniors and vulnerable populations.
- 100Plus is a remote patient monitoring (RPM) platform that uses artificial intelligence (AI).
- ModivCare (Nasdaq: MODV) is a technology-enabled healthcare services company that provides a suite of integrated supportive care solutions focused on improving patient outcomes.
- VRI Intermediate Holdings, LLC (“VRI”) is an industry-leading provider of remote patient monitoring (“RPM”) solutions.
- Amwell offers telehealth visits with therapists and psychiatrists.
- The two companies—SilverCloud Health and Conversa Health—are part of Amwell’s strategy to work with patients along their entire care journey and not just limit the relationship to one-off virtual visits.
M&A Sector Reports
© 2023 Ascento Capital, All rights reserved